Thursday, September 30, 2010

china, jamaica,india

I am very undecided about what country I would like to choose. It is either between Jamaica, India or China. I dont know much about these countries but I'm willing to do research to find out about their history with America.
now that I looked up these countries I think I might choose jamaica. I am not sure what time period I would like to use for my research paper.

Why are you interested in this country and its relationship with the U.S.?

I find this country interesting for two reaons. One being, 1.5 million people from the U.S. visits there every year. Second reason would be that between 1518 and 1870 Jamaica had a huge slave trade going on. I find both af thes time periods very interesting.

Talk about what you noticed in your Wikipedia entry. What kind of information was your Wikipedia entry good at providing? What information did it have that wouldn’t be useful? What doesn’t it tell you that you’ll want to find out?
I noticed that wikipedia has a lot of information, however alot of it wasnt as useful such as the sports they play in jamaica.

How do you think have people from this country and the U.S. come into contact with each other: through immigration, migration, war, cultural exchange, economic exchange, or something else?
I think people from Jamaica comes into contact with the U.S.through immigration, tourism, economic exchange and cultural exchange through music.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lavisha - This looks like a promising start. The idea of travel - both immigration and tourism - might be a great place to start - you'll want to see what you can find out about the policies and conditions that shape the way this travel happens.

    ReplyDelete